A bilateral exchange programme for women physicists in the final phase of their bachelor, doing their master or in the beginning of their PhD.
Summer School 2019: Berlin - Uppsala (22.07 - 02.08. and 12.08. - 23.08.2019)
The Summer School is a successful project of the Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership 'Diversity in the Cultures of Physics' Every year two Summer Schools are held, each of them in two different countries.
In a four week programme in two countries the participants get the opportunity to:
- gain an insight into the variety of physics research in Europe
- establish contacts which may result in future collaborations and stays abroad while pursuing their graduate work
- get to know women researchers in physics and professional networks of women scientists
- learn about national and international advancement programs for women scientists
- become familiar with work place cultures of physics in actual cultural, political and everyday context
- learn about equality politics at European universities and research institutions
The Summer School builds on, intensifies and initiates networks on several levels:
- peer to peer between the participants
- international between the participating universities
- transgenerational between the students and the involved teachers
- interdisciplinary between scholars from physics and gender studies
- between physicists and equality officers and representatives from funding institutions
In each country the programme includes the following events:
- Lectures and visits to research groups in the Physics Department of the university
- Visits to other research institutions and universities in the region
- Contacts to equality-oriented institutions and activities at the universities and cooperating institutions as well as in the national associations and foundations,
- Lectures and discussions on gender & science studies.
For more information see the Concept.