An Online Brainstorming and Discussion Workshop
We, the Sustainability Working Group, would like to discuss with all members of the Department of Physics - professors, students, researchers and staff - what we can now initiate to make our teaching and research activities more climate-friendly and sustainable while still ensuring excellence and promoting innovation.
We would like to ask all members of the physics department for their ideas for possible activities (Part I) and introduce the "Scientific CO₂nduct" (Part II).
The password to the gather.town space will be sent to all via e-mail.
We invite all students, researchers, professors and staff to brainstorm and discuss.
English; German comments are welcomed, too
14:15 – 15:30 Open Dialogue on Climate and Sustainability Awareness + Actions
- General brainstorming and choice of topics for discussion group
- Break-out sessions (discussion groups)
- Joint discussion of possible actions
15:30 – 16:30 Panel Discussion on Scientific CO2nduct project
- Marcel Goihl, one of the initiators of Scientific CO₂nduct, now at atmosfair
- Andreas Wanke, Unit for Sustainability & Energy, Freie Uiversität
- Holger Dau, professor at the Physics Department, biophysics and renewable fuels
- Frederik Wilde, a doctoral student working in quantum theory
Johanna Richter and Benjamin Ünzelmann. Johanna and Benjamin are Master students and FSI member.
Time & Location
Apr 14, 2021 | 02:15 PM - 04:45 PM
Online via gather.town
The Sustainability Working Group was initiated by students and appointed by the Faculty Council. We meet on a regular basis to examine the activities of the department with regard to their ecological sustainability. The group is open to everybody who feels at the Physics Department at home.