FAQ Digital Semester 2020/21
Due to limited on-site operations (the department's premises are not accessible for public), we provide on-site courses for the first semester only:
- Introduction to Physics I (B. Sc.)
- Experimental Physics I (B. Sc. for teachers)
- Theoretical Physics I (B. Sc. for teachers)
- Basic Lab Course I and II (B. Sc.)
- Project Lab Course (B. Sc.)
- Advanced Lab Course (B. Sc.)
- Advanced Lab Course (M. Sc.)
The bridge course in mathematics will be held as an online course. All other lectures and tutorials will take place in different digital formats.
No, unfortunately not. Due to limited on-site operations, studying on the campus is not possible.
Students can borrow laptops, computers, and hardware from the IT service of the Physics Department. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dates for re-examinations for the winter semester 2019/20 and exams for the summer semester 2020 will be assigned from 13.07.2020. Depending on the course and module, both on-site and online exams will be offered.
- In the winter semester 2020/2, exams will be run as online or on-site examinations depending on the course.
- Students who cannot take on-site exams (e.g. due to a stay abroad) or online exams (e.g. due to bad internet connection) will be offered catch-up examinations. Depending on the circumstances, we will try to find an individual exam form that is suitable for every student to succeed.
Yes, the personal contact between lecturers and students has always been and remains an essential part of studying at the Department of Physics. Please feel free to ask questions and initiate discussions during online modules and courses. You can also have an individual online conversation with a tutor – just ask the person for an appointment directly via e-mail.
We recommend students to arrange regular online meetings with fellow students and continue working in groups online, e.g. using Webex technology, which is also available to students. Studying and working in groups is more productive than learning alone.