Postdoc position advertised
We are currently offering a 2 1/2-year postdoctoral position to a highly motivated and well-qualified young researcher who intends to enhance his or her career on the intersection of quantum many-body theory and quantum information science. The successful candidate will work as part of the research group led by Jens Eisert at the FU Berlin. For an overview of research activities of the group, see this link. To get an impression of research careers of past group members, see this link.
We are an active research group with a culture of open discussion, creative interdisciplinary thought and substantial international collaborations. Potential research topics include the following:
- Tensor network approaches to condensed matter systems,
- theory of dissipative quantum many-body systems,
- theory of quantum chemistry,
- notions of topological order and topological quantum computing,
- methods of compressed sensing in quantum many-body theory.
Applicants must have demonstrated excellent research accomplishments in the past. Candidates must hold a PhD degree in physics, chemistry, mathematics or computer science. Interested candidates are invited to submit
- a letter indicating their main research interests,
- a detailed curriculum vitae,
- a list of publications,
- the electronic (email) contact details of three potential referees.
All applications should be sent in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the key word "Postdoc2016" in the subject line. Review of the applications will begin after June 27, 2016 and will continue until the positions are filled. Early submissions are appreciated. The start date is flexible.
News from May 22, 2016