Our group investigates biologically and chemically relevant systems by means of ultrafast spectroscopy, high-resolution vibrational spectroscopy, and mass spectrometry.
Our findings can be used to develop new strategies for energy conversion, signal transduction, reaction optimization, and to improve existing medical technologies or to invent absolutly new solutions of non-invasive medicine.
Research focus on:
- Ultrafast spectroscopy of photoreceptors, proteins, and electron/proton transfer systems
- Spectroscopy of electronic transitions
- Set-up and optimizing optical parametric amplifiers
- Shaping of ultrafast infrared laser pulses,e.g. midinfrared laser pulses
- ultrafast dynamics of protonated water networks (vibrational studies)
- 2-Photon absorption (visible studies)
- ultrafast and coherent response of photoreactions and electron/proton transfer systems