Quantum simulation with light
How can one think of pursuing quantum simulations of non-Gaussian states with light? Our new work in Nature Communications addresses this question. It shows how the emergence of properties of statistical physics in quantum theory can be reconciled and empirically probed.
The significance of this work may not only stem from the actual application in quantum simulation, but from nitty gritty method development on how one can certify and witness certain quantum properties in integrated optical devices, with applications in optical quantum computing in mind.
For articles in the academic press, see these links.
- PhysOrg, "Photonics experiment resolves quantum paradox"
- Photonics World, "Twente photonics experiment resolves longstanding quantum paradox"
- Yahoo, "Paradox, Solved: Thermodynamics and quantum mechanics CAN be true at the same time"
- SciTech Daily, "Time reversal photonics experiment resolves quantum paradox"
- NewsBeezer, "Time-reversal photonics experiment solves quantum paradox"
News from Jul 10, 2023