Within the last year, a number of new and unexpected applications of tensor networks have emerged in our group. This is
- slightly more conventionally, the simulation of strongly correlated two-dimensional thermal systems,
- They also serve as design principle to create mesoscopic architectures to realize topological phases of matter and computing schemes,
- Maybe the least expected, they can be used in recovering non-linear classical equations of motion from data, in a tomographic mindset,
- They can be average-case hard to contract,
hence identifying a first type of problem that is provably average-case hard to quantum many-body physics.
- And they seem to provide new insights into an understanding of holographic models,
News from Oct 01, 2018