Dr. Ralph Püttner
The tasks of the Radiation Protection Representative include the following
- Planning and determining technical and organisational radiation protection measures
- Functional control of the devices, equipment, etc. intended for radiation protection
- Checking the effectiveness of the protective devices and protective regulations
- Instruction of persons working in radiation protection areas (e.g. access controls, protective clothing)
- Annual instruction of personnel
In Germany, a radiation protection representative directs and supervises activities to ensure radiation protection when handling radioactive substances or ionising radiation (see legal document).