Having finished their first year, physics students can study abroad at one of our European partner universities for one or two semesters within the program ERASMUS+. This is possible during the bachelor as well as the master studies.
At the moment, the physics department of FU Berlin has ERASMUS+ agreements with more than 30 European partner universities providing study opportunities for more than 40 students.
Application deadline for the academic year 2020/21: January 31, 2020
Inform yourself about the partner universities' study programs on their respective webpages. If you plan to go abroad for the summer semester, take into account that in most countries semester starts already before the winter semester at FU ends.
For study periods of one or two semesters, please fill the online application form.
List of mandatory documents
- Letter of motivation - explication of your study plans, of your choice of partner universities etc.
- Valid matriculation certificate
- Transcript of records of current studies
- Language certificates according to the demands of the partner universities. There is the possibility to get a certificate from the language center of FU Berlin. Further information can be found here.
- Please state three partner universities of choice in order of priority.
- The signed application form and additional documents have to be handed in either electronically as pdf document (email@example.com) or as a paper version (letter box besides room 0.4.16) to Dr Cornelius Gahl until January 31, 2020.
The decision about the applications will be made by the departmental ERASMUS+ coordinator on the basis of language proficiency, the motivation for studying abroad and the status of the current studies.
Dr. Cornelius Gahl
Freie Universität Berlin
Arnimallee 14, room 0.4.14
Erasmus coordinator: Prof. Dr. Martin Weinelt