As technical staff members of the physics department, we are the point of contact for chemical, biological and general occupational safety. Our role is to:
- provide support for establishing safe working procedures
- provide supply of commonly used organic solvents
- provide a supply of technical gases
- facilitate disposal of chemical and hazardous laboratory waste and special removal
- provide saftey instruction for the chemical storage facilities (bunker)
Note: Only authorized persons are allowed to enter the storage facilities. To gain access, a safety training is required.
Moreover, we inspect, together with the lab users, the chemistry and biology labs regularly to ensure the best possible safety at work.