Application for the Master of Science in Physics
The applications process to the Masters’ program is easy. The way you apply for the Master programme in Physics depends on whether you have acquired your first degree at a German university or at the foreign educational institution. Please feel free to contact us directly if you need any support or read our FAQ.
Application with a non-German degree
1. Apply online via uni-assist
2. Scan and upload all required documents as color PDF files in the uni-assist application portal "MyAssist". No e-mails, no fax, no postal mail!
3. Expect admission notice or rejection notice.
The purpose of uni-assist service is to “translate” your non-German grades into the German system. Uni-assist charges a fee for application processing. Please apply six weeks before the official application dates in order to ensure uni-assist can process your application properly.
Application with a German Degree
1. Apply via FU online application portal.
2. Upload required documents in the FU application system. No e-mails, no fax, no postal mail!
3. Check if all the data and documents submitted are complete.
4. Expect the e-mail notification on the status of your application - in the application system you will find an admission or a rejection notice.
1. Degree proof
A proof of a German or equivalent non-German degree in Physics at the university level. That degree can be confirmed by either a Bachelors’ diploma or, if your studies are not over yet, by an official transcript. On the transcript, at least 2/3 of all the credit points required for a diploma should have been obtained.
Learn more about required documents:
2. English proof
A proof of English mastery, in case your native language is not English or if you have not acquired your qualifying degree at an educational institution where English is the language of instruction. One of the internationally recognized tests such as the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) can be used. The minimum acceptable tests scores are B2 for CEFR, 80 for TOEFL, 5.0 for IELTS.
01.12.2022 - 15.02.2023 for summer semester 2023
15.04.2023 - 15.08.2023 for winter semester 2023/24