Hazardous materials safety coordinator of the Physics Department
As technical staff members of the physics department, we are the point of contact for chemical, biological and general occupational safety. Our role is to:
- provide support for establishing safe working procedures
- provide supply of commonly used organic solvents
- provide a supply of technical gases
- facilitate disposal of chemical and hazardous laboratory waste and special removal
- provide saftey instruction for the chemical storage facilities (bunker)
Note: Only authorized persons are allowed to enter the storage facilities. To gain access, a safety training is required.
Moreover, we inspect, together with the lab users, the chemistry and biology labs regularly to ensure the best possible safety at work.