You want to study physics and know German?
You can apply to our free* Bachelor program, even after the official application deadline. If you do not speak German, you may be able to attend some classes that are taught in English. More information
If you know German already but not at the level sufficient for admission (C1 CEFR), it may be possible to get a conditional program admission.
If you only know English, you can register with a “listener” status and attend some classes that are available in English. There is also a welcome program that can help with the German language for eligible students.
You already have a Bachelor’s degree in physics and speak fluent English (CEFR B2 or higher)?
You can apply to our free* English Master’s program in physics.
- for summer semester 2022 (lectures start on April 19, 2022): Please send an email to email@example.com
- for winter semester 2022/23 (application period starts on April 15, 2022; lectures start on October 17, 2022)
Please use uni-assist for submitting your documents.
You have a Master’s degree in Physics and have a strong scientific overlap with one of department’s experimental or theoretical research groups? You can apply directly to the PI of that group.
It is also possible to apply for a temporary “visiting scientist” stipend. This option will allow you to collaborate with our department while maintaining your current affiliation.
You have a research collaboration or a strong thematic overlap with one of the department research groups?
Please contact our experimental and theoretical groups directly. Additionally, there are fellowships you can apply for.
- professional qualification in experimental and theoretical physics
- no study fees*
- bridge and introductory courses
- various forms of assistance in case of need
* exept small enrollment fees includig public transport fees
Who can apply
These offers are open to Ukrainian refugees fleeing the war as well as to others affected by the current crisis including students and researchers from Russia and Belarus.